Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Guest Blogger - Hermana Turk

Doug made his debut on the misson presidents wife's blog:
http://terryandjanetturk.blogspot.com/2012/04/dr-douglas-s-brian.html

We love Dr. Doug.
Here's what he had to say about the change going back out in the field,

"President called me into to his office this week and asked me if I’d accept a new assignment as a zone leader at the end of this change. Whhheird. I guess President thought the financial-to-personal secretary change works out okay because he’s calling Elder Richards to move to Personal Secretary. 


Training him shouldn’t be too terribly hard. But it’s a lot to take in. So today and tomorrow I’ll probably just be setting up reminders and schedules for the next 6 weeks to keep him from most of the stress I had. The thing about the Personal Secretary learning curve is that while you’re making all your nooby mistakes, foreign missionaries are losing their residency or missing plane connections or some sicky gets lost in the clinic because you’re not there or any number of combinations of those things. But he’ll be aight. 


So I guess I’m gonna go be a zone leader now. I don’t know where or who my companions gonna be but… should be cool. I’m gonna get to do stuff in my own area. And not do phone calls from 8:45 to 10:15 every night when I could have been making/eating dinner. But that’s good and bad news. Because incident to making my own food I’ve dropped like 10 kilos. Well, that and Elder Wright’s fascist-like insistence that I do P90X with him on the daily. So that’s the news. I’m a little bummed to leave the office. It’s cool to be involved in everything that goes down in the mission and have so much interaction with President, but I’m stoked on being a real boy again. 


We’ll see how it goes I guess."

No comments:

Post a Comment